Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Bathing Beauty: Tina Turnbow

Bathing Beauty: Tina Turnbow
Tina Turnbow is quite possibly one of my favorite makeup artists to emerge as of late. She paints the faces of such celebs like Vera Farmiga and Keri Russell and just designed her first collection under a collaboration deal with tarte cosmetics. She's into all things green and doesn't just preach it, but practices such beliefs too. Her tarte line is made with natural and organic ingredients and, as you will soon discover, she's a big believer in green skincare. She's super talented and crazy nice -- a practical rarity in the world of Hollywood.


I had to ask my newest obsession my favorite beauty related questions. Here are Tina's answers.

What are your top 5, can't-live-without products?

1. Suki Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser, with natural sugar and lemongrass, a treat for your senses and face.
2. Amala Jasmine Hydrating Yogurt Mask, I put it on in the shower a few times a week, come out with glowing skin!
3. Skyn Iceland Icelandic Relief Eye Pen, take out of fridge in the morning, apply and depuff!
4. Revolution Organics Beauty Balm in Blushed, a make-me-happy and healthy go to product. for cheeks and lips.
5. Honeybee Gardens Eye Pencil in Blue Jeans, one swipe inside the eye and i'm bright eye'd! natural ingredients.

What is your all-time favorite product?
Chantecaille Just Skin Anti-Smog Tinted Moisturizer - just a miracle in a tube!!

What is your favorite hair product?
Aubrey Organics White Camellia ultra smoothing conditioner. I have dry, curly hair, it smooths frizz like nothing else! I don't have to use product in my hair, which is good because i don't shampoo it much!

What product do you buy in bulk?
Avalon Organics Lavender facial cleansing gel. I use for my face and body constantly. I love anything lavender. This has it! Arnica and white tea too, very soothing.

You moisturize your face with...
Jurlique Moisture Replenishing Day Cream, Collective Well Being Night Balm with lavender and shea butter. day and night, works just right!

Favorite body product?
Kimberly Sayer of London-slimming/contouring lotion, helps cellulite, tightens and tones (need I say more?) and..for smell and moisture, i found this awesome body lotion at Duane Reade! Shea Moisture Organic Coconut and Hibiscus Shea Butter lotion w/Songyi Mushroom. The softness and smell will become addictive, you don't need perfume when you use this.

Favorite beauty secret you've picked up along the way?
I would call my friend about getting fillers and injections, she'd say NO!!! I'm so grateful -- let yourself age gracefully and naturally.

Beauty icon you admire?
Keri Russell, Ali McGraw, Katherine Hepburn. i love their earthy, sexy mix of masculine/feminine flair. and the natural, comfortable, confidence they exude.
Red carpet pics of Tina's celeb work:



Source: www.beautybanter.com

No comments:

Post a Comment