Sunday, December 20, 2009

MTV News Canada's Twitter fail

MTV News Canada's Twitter fail

Just last night I had a conversation about how I hate when the media uses tweets as quotes in stories.

So it's a good thing I'm not the media, because this story's kind of too fun to pass up.

Yesterday MTV News Canada tweeted some big news about a new T.I. album to be released in the new year. And I quote: "T.I. releasing "Halfway House" in January. Can't wait to hear it!"

But wait: T.I. isn't releasing an album called Halfway House in January. Rather, he's being released from prison to a halfway house, according to reports. That's something completely different!

Subsequently, MTV News Canada tweeted "CORRECTION: T.I. being released TO halfway house. #factcheck."

Pretty hilarious. Thanks for the chuckle!

No comments:

Post a Comment